Friday, June 18, 2010

Idaho International Babywearing Conference

Excitement is contagious… and it’s much more fun to catch than a cold! It was wonderful to travel to Idaho last week and see all of the wonderful babywearing people walking around everywhere! I finally felt like I wasn’t the only one who got excited about going on adventures with a monkey on my back. The excitement felt by other people (not JUST women) at this conference really gets into you and makes you remember exactly why you are so happy to be a parent. No one is protected from that feeling of being overwhelmed or frustrated when things are going perfect in your life. We all have our moments when we wonder if we’re being punished for the things we did to our own parents. But those moments happen more often than not while you are alone… it’s hard not to be thankful and mushy when you are around other people who embrace the joys in life and try to focus on all the things that are wonderful about being a parent. That’s what I love the most about being around other babywearing parents. They don’t pretend like it’s not hard to be a parent, they just embrace the wonderful opportunities that babywearing gives them. We all struggle with those frustrating times where we have our hands full and there just isn’t enough help around to keep you from losing your patience, and to know that there are other options out there and that you know about them is a wonderful feeling! It’s like having that sudden moment when you realize what it’s like to actually think outside of the box. Life seems so much more open to possibilities and you suddenly feel more adventurous. And that’s how these people were… adventurous. Not like they were all rock climbing the walls of the classrooms or skydiving from airplanes at lunchtime, but I simply mean their personalities seemed more outgoing and more open to possibility. It was wonderful to see, and very encouraging! It WAS a little intimidating, I’ll admit, but after coming home, I started feeling like I wanted to have some of that energy that I saw in some of them. (Maybe not as much energy as Becca… I think I’d overdose! LOL But definitely somewhere close to that. **HUGS**)

Outside of the conference, the state of Idaho was SOOO open and beautiful. It was amazing to see what grand talents Mother Nature had to offer. If I wasn’t such a social person, I could easily see myself living someplace like West Yellowstone or at the base of the Teton Mountains. It was simply gorgeous. On the other hand, it took us hours sometimes to find the simplest amenities… like a McDonald’s!!! HA! Seriously people – my 15 year old was acting like he was going to die of withdrawal if we didn’t find a McDonald’s by sundown. I ALMOST felt sorry for him. ALMOST.

Since there is way too much to put into one blog about our trip, I’ll take a break here and find some time this weekend to finish uploading the pictures from my camera into my Monkey Bar photo album. I’ll link it here so you can go straight to it, but I’ll try to post one or two good ones of the scenery and the conference. I know how annoying it is to follow links. J

Here’s hoping you have a wonderful and adventurous weekend! Think outside of the box everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment